- Shares of Edwards Lifesciences (EW -5.6%) are weaker on the session as the company outlines its strategy and discusses its outlook at its annual investor conference.
- EW says that although "patient demand for [the] SAPIEN transcatheter valve therapy remains strong ... [the company] will face new competition in the U.S. and Europe early in 2014."
- Due to the "uncertain timing of these competitive entries," EW says it is "providing a wide range of forecasted THV sales."
- FY14 THV sales guidance: $700-820M.
- FY14 guidance: "A wide range around" EPS of $3 on sales of $2.05-2.25B. (PR)
Edwards Lifesciences falls on 2014 outlook
Dec 9 2013, 12:51 ET