- AMC Networks (AMCX -1%) sees getting a continued lift from VOD and streaming if it can continue to deliver strong content. Execs note the company's strong track record - it now has 4 of the top 10 critically acclaimed shows by one industry publication - which it sees continuing.
- Can the push to original programming continue as consumer reach the point of over-saturation? AMC execs think technology will continue to serve the company's business model as shows like Breaking Bad can get a late lift even if early rating suffer.
- The company says it has a conservative approach to backing new shows, but notes SVOD and international gives it a safety net to recapture investments if it misfires.
- On licensing vs. development, the bias is toward quality not one track or the other.
- Movies will be a less significant part of AMC's business in the future.
- UBS Global Media and Communications Conference webcast
Heard during AMC Networks' presentation at a media conference
Dec 9 2013, 13:51 ET