Deutsche starts coverage on 3D Systems and Stratasys, shares up AH

3D Systems (DDD) +0.8% AH and Stratasys (SSYS) +0.9% after Deutsche starts coverage with Buy ratings. Fellow 3D printer maker ExOne has been started at Hold.

The day has already seen Pac Crest start coverage on 3D Systems with an Outperform and Stratasys/ExOne with Sector Performs, and Nomura argue current industry hype is excessive. Also: Piper's Troy Jensen has issued another bullish industry report after returning from last week's EuroMold trade show.

Jensen states 3D Systems, which introduced new high-end printers, materials, and software, was by far "the most active at EuroMold with respect to new product introductions." He's especially a fan of a new metal printer from 3D's recently-acquired Phenix Systems unit.

Jensen also liked Stratasys' launch of a nylon printing material (resellers are upbeat), and says a visit to the HQ of Swedish printer maker Arcam (AMAVF) indicates the company is focused on rapidly expanding (it currently has only 65 employees).

From other sites
Comments (9)
  • Esekla
    , contributor
    Comments (4655) | Send Message

I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure ExOne chose not to exhibit at EuroMold. Not putting resources into such a spectacle may be why they are not faring quite as well with analysts. That's fine, I'll be much more concerned with new materials and details of ExCast when ready:

9 Dec 2013, 06:22 PM Reply Like
  • 3D Printing Investor
    , contributor
    Comments (525) | Send Message

I prefer a new 3D Printing Stock that nobody knows about...yet.

It has a forward PE under 30 and a dividend history.

9 Dec 2013, 06:33 PM Reply Like
  • mu5k
    , contributor
    Comments (32) | Send Message

I cannot find Groupe Gorge on Ameritrade. Why?
    9 Dec 2013, 07:29 PM Reply Like
  • Hendershott
    , contributor
    Comments (1777) | Send Message

It trades in France. GOE.PA
    9 Dec 2013, 08:01 PM Reply Like
  • 3D Printing Investor
    , contributor
    Comments (525) | Send Message

Unfortunately I don't think Ameritrade offers trading on any foreign exchanges. A few that do are Fidelity, E-Trade Platinum, and Interactive Brokers. This is the downside of the stock- hard for some folks to buy. But I believe they might be getting Market Makers for ADR trading (like Arcam AB has) at some point which will help.

An engineer and 3D printing enthusiast I know in Europe attended Euromold and emailed me that the Prodways machines by Groupe Gorge were "awesome" and it was hard to get close to them with the crowds there. This was borne out by TCT magazine who said pretty much the same thing.
    9 Dec 2013, 08:24 PM Reply Like
  • mu5k
    , contributor
    Comments (32) | Send Message

I found Groupe Gorge on my e-trade account. Is this it? GROUPE GORGE ORD (B06BGH5: PAR). It shows very little activity - 0% change today. Vol 0. Is this accurate? Why is the data so limited?

On ameritrade it's listed as a totally different ticker: GGRGF (grey market), but this shows a different stock price from the e-trade euronext ticker above (probably because one if in Euro and one is in USD? 15.65 USD vs 11.26 EUR). But again, on ameritrade also, it shows no data for the trading day. No charts. Nothing.

What trading platform and ticker are best to trade this company? You mentioned e-trade platinum. I have e-trade. But I don't really use it, so i'm not sure what platinum is. Whats the difference between what I just viewed on my e-trade account? And why are there different tickers on etrade and ameritrade? If I had to choose one platform aside from ameritrade, what would you recommend?

I appreciate any clarity you can bring to this.
    10 Dec 2013, 01:01 AM Reply Like
  • 3D Printing Investor
    , contributor
    Comments (525) | Send Message

hi mu5k,

The only advice I can give is to call your broker directly and give them the name of the stock and the unique ISIN (International Securities Identification Number) which is: FR0000062671

I hope that helps. I think they'll have an ADR quoted in the US at some point, or even (ultimately) maybe move the shares to here- making it much easier to buy. For now, it requires an extra step or two.

Hope that helps-
    10 Dec 2013, 01:19 AM Reply Like
  • Izzy1
    , contributor
    Comments (194) | Send Message

98% of the news continues to be positive. New products continue to be introduced every few months. Right now the market and 3D type stocks need to take a breather. Once we get 4th quarter results and if revenue continues to grow in excess of 30% I expect the stocks to start moving up again.
    9 Dec 2013, 07:34 PM Reply Like
  • mu5k
    , contributor
    Comments (32) | Send Message

I have followed him for quite some time and I disagree. enthusiasm and manipulation are two very different things.
    10 Dec 2013, 12:51 AM Reply Like