- The shopping lull right after the Black Friday/Cyber Monday period could be even more pronounced this year than usual, according to channel checks.
- Consumers mired in deal fatigue and a blast of wintry weather across a good portion of the U.S. has kept store traffic below expectations.
- It's not good news for a retail sector stuck with inventory it needs to move in the midst of a highly-promotional atmosphere.
- The narrowed window for holiday shopping due to the apparent consumer respite could boost e-commerce activity. Watch the usual suspects: AMZN, EBAY, FDX, UPS.
- Related ETFs: XLP, XLY, VDC, XRT, VCR, RTH, PBJ, RETL, PEJ, IYK, FXG, IYC, SCC, FXD, RHS, UCC, PMR, UGE, RCD, PSL, PSCC, SZK, FDIS, FSTA, PSCD, PEZ
at CNBC.com (Wed, 12:01AM)