- Rising interest rates have killed refinancing - eliminating prepayment risk - and home prices continue to move higher, a particularly bullish cocktail for non-agency MBS, says Gundlach (DBL, DSL), who finds those securities vastly more attractive than high-yield paper (HYG, JNK).
- Asked about Annaly (NLY) - an owner of agency MBS - Gundlach says he likes it and likes its management, but won't be buyer until after the dividend is cut to something more in line with what core earnings might be.
- "Something for Nothing" slides and webcast
- Non-agency MBS players include: MTGE, MFA, DX, TWO
- Related mREIT ETFs: REM, MORT, MORL
- High-yield ETFs: HYG, JNK, HYS, HYLD, SJNK, PHB, SJB, ANGL, XOVR, UJB, QLTC, SHYG
- Previous: "Freaking out" about interest rate risk
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs