- Anchorman 2 is forecast to almost double the box office haul of the original movie to earn $165M for Paramount (VIAB).
- Like the original, the film is expected to have a healthy afterlife on Netflix, streaming, and DVD as it registers as a cult classic.
- Paramount has unleashed one of the largest viral marketing campaigns in history with the buildup to the film including mobile games, museum exhibits, Dodge commercials, a naming of a business school at a college (?), and a Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor which all feature Will Ferrell in character as Ron Burgundy.
- Ferrell and director Adam McKay are well-entrenched in the creation of Internet buzz through their Funny or Die website, but have rattled Hollywood with the extraordinary lengths they have gone to with Anchorman 2.
- Ron Burgundy on Sportscenter
Viacom's Paramount lets Ron Burgundy run wild
Dec 11 2013, 08:36 ET