- Exelis's (XLS) board authorizes a plan to spin-off its military and government services business, Exelis Mission Systems. Completion is expected in summer of 2014.
- Exelis will focus future investments on strengthening its Critical Networks, ISR & Analytics, Electronic Warfare, and Aerostructures ops.
- Exelis is expected to generate $3.4B in revenue in 2013 after a pro forma adjustment for the spin-off, with a "meaningful appreciation in its growth and operating margin profile" as well as diversification of non-U.S. defense customers to 50% from 30% currently.
- Exelis Mission Systems' pro forma 2013 revenue is estimated at $1.5B. Division President Kennett Hunzeker will lead the spun-off entity.
- Conference call at 8:30am ET tomorrow