- Aetna forecasts 2014 EPS of $6.25, above Street expectations of $6.22.
- Revenues are seen at $53B, below consensus of $55.6B.
- The company reiterated that it expects 2013 EPS of $5.80-5.90 vs consensus of $5.87.
- Aetna provided the guidance ahead of an investor day today.
- Leerink Swann analyst Ana Gupte said he expects commercial margins to be resilient in 2014.
- Regarding Medicare plans, Gupte says: "Aetna, which priced for share gains in 2013 by significantly lowering both premiums and out-of pocket maximums, is seen pricing conservatively in 2014." (8-K)
Aetna provides EPS that's above consensus
Dec 12 2013, 07:21 ET