- Asian shares are mixed, while EU equities and U.S. stock futures are mostly higher as thoughts of the taper continue to dominate, particularly with a FOMC meeting scheduled for next week.
- "The economic fundamentals are so much better than in May and June when they started talking about this," says forex strategist Marshall Gittler. "If they thought it was a good idea in May, then they must think it's an even better idea now."
- The Nikkei ends +0.4% after the dollar hits a fresh five-year high of ¥103.925. The USD-JPY is now +0.2% to ¥103.55.
- Elsewhere in Asia, Hong Kong is +0.2%, China is -0.3% and India is -1%.
- EU Stoxx 50 +0.2%, London flat, Paris +0.1%, Frankfurt +0.2%, Milan +0.2% and Madrid +0.3%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.15%. S&P +0.3%. Nasdaq +0.3%
World stock markets mixed as taper-talk dominates
Dec 13 2013, 05:30 ET