- Health insurers are continuing to receive error-strewn information from the government's HealthCare.gov Web site as the starting date for Obamacare coverage of January 1 draws closer.
- However, the government maintains that the problems stem from data that was transferred to insurers in October and November, and that information passed over this month is accurate.
- The government wants insurance companies to take a relaxed approach to the various deadlines and consumer coverage-issues that may crop up until all the kinks are ironed out, but whether the firms will comply is another matter.
- Either way, bureaucratic chaos is expected to reign come the New Year.
- More on Obamacare.
- Relevant company tickers: AET, HNT, HUM, UNH, WLP, MOH.
- ETFs: XLV, XHE, VHT, FXH, IHF, IHI, IYH, PTH, RYH, PSCH, RXL, RXD, XHS.
Obamacare Web site continues to suffer problems
Dec 15 2013, 03:43 ET