- French flash manufacturing PMI has fallen to a seven-month low in December, dropping to 47.1 from 48.4 in November and missing consensus of 49.1.
- Services dropped to 47.4 from 48 and vs 49.
- Manufacturing output declined to 45.3 from 48.
- Composite output slid to 47 from 48.
- "The last flash PMI readings for 2013 paint a worrying picture on the health of the French economy," says Markit, with falling new business at the heart of the slump, "as clients were reportedly reluctant to commit to new contracts."
- The CAC 40 (EWQ) is -0.1% and the euro is +0.1% at $1.3751. (PR)
French companies suffer sharp fall in output
Dec 16 2013, 03:09 ET