- Stock futures indicate a strong open - with the S&P, Dow and Nasdaq all +0.5% - looking to recoup some of last week's losses ahead of the Fed policy makers' two-day meeting starting tomorrow.
- European equities push higher after euro zone December flash composite PMI rose, but Asian markets fell after a preliminary reading of Chinese PMI tumbled to a three-month low.
- In the U.S., NY December manufacturing improved, Q3 non-farm productivity climbed 3%, and November industrial production jumped 1.1%.
- Sentiment is helped by M&A action, as AerCap is acquiring AIG's aircraft leasing business for $5.4B, Avago Tech is buying LSI for $6.6B, and Sprint reportedly is eyeing a potential $20B-plus bid for T-Mobile US.
- Treasurys are little changed, with the 10-year yield hovering near 2.86%.
Stock futures boosted by European data, merger deals
Dec 16 2013, 09:25 ET