- The German ZEW survey of investor confidence has climbed to its highest since April 2006 in December, surging to 62 from 54.6 in November and topping consensus of 55.
- The current situation print has increased to 32.4 from 28.7 and exceeded forecasts of 30.
- Sentiment for the eurozone has soared to 68.3 from 60.2 last month.
- "Despite rather disappointing economic data released recently, the financial-market experts expect the economic development in Germany and the eurozone to improve further in 2014," says ZEW President Clemens Fuest.
- The DAX is -0.4%, while the euro is flat at $1.3762. (PR)
- ETFs: EWG, BUND, BUNL, GERJ, BUNT, DBGR, FGM, GGOV, DXGE
German investor confidence jumps to seven-year high
Dec 17 2013, 05:22 ET