- Leerink is out with some commentary on the MedTech space.
- Investors should "focus on companies with growth acceleration and/or upside surprise potential independent of (or at least less dependent on) a macroeconomic recovery [or, alternatively,] a higher and increasing percentage of sales derived from end-markets exhibiting above-average growth," Leerink says.
- Not surprisingly, the LVAD device market gets a mention, with Heartware (HTWR) recommended by name (remember, they just snapped up CircuLite which some think can compete with SSH's C-Pulse).
- Other names mentioned by Leerink: Covidien (COV) for neurovascular and energy devices; Stryker (SYK) for neurovascular and robotics; St. Jude's Medical (STJ) and JNJ for atrial fibrillation; Intuitive Surgical (ISRG).
- Thoratec (THOR) gets an LVAD mention as well, which is interesting considering Leerink's recent commentary on the NEJM manuscript which discussed possible thrombus formation with the HeartMate II.
Leerink makes MedTech picks for 2014
Dec 17 2013, 08:12 ET