- The 10-year Treasury yield rises 3 basis points to 2.87% after November housing starts' surprising rise to a seasonally adjusted rate of 1.091M, 22% above the revised October rate of 889K, and up 29.6% from a year ago.
- Of that 1.091M, 727K were single-family starts, up 20.8% from October.
- Building permits of 1.007M were 3.1% lower than October, and 7.9% higher than a year ago. Single-family building permits of 634K were up 2.1% from October.
- TLT -0.5%, TBT +1% premarket
- Full report
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, UBT, TBX, TLO, VGIT, GSY, DTYL, LBND, SCHR, TYD, ITE, TYBS, TENZ, FIVZ, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
Treasury prices slide following housing starts
Dec 18 2013, 08:40 ET