- Asian equities are mixed and European shares are in the green following the Fed's candy coated announcement that it's cutting its bond-buying program by $10B a month to a mere $75B.
- What's particularly helped the mood is that the Fed emphasized that it will keep interest rates at minimum levels for a while to come.
- The Nikkei is +1.7% to 15859, its highest close in six years. However, Hong Kong -1.1%, Shanghai -1% and India -0.7%.
- EU Stoxx 50 +1.6%, London +0.8%, Paris +1.3%, Frankfurt +1.4%, Milan +1.3%, Madrid +1.8%.
- U.S. stock futures are lower after Wall Street enjoyed more record highs yesterday. Dow -0.1%, S&P -0.2% and Nasdaq -0.2%
Equities euphoria calms following dovish Fed taper
Dec 19 2013, 05:34 ET