- Transocean (RIG +0.2%) and Diamond Offshore (DO +0.4%) are downgraded to Sell from Neutral with a $40 price target at Citigroup as part of a negative call on the offshore drilling services sector.
- Pricing power is beginning to erode in the sector, the firm says, believing a clear shift in the balance of power at the bargaining table is occurring.
- RIG opens flattish but slipped 1.8% yesterday after issuing its latest fleet status report which showed the Cajun Express deepwater rig received a contract to operate six wells at a dayrate of $495K vs. the previous rate of $600K.
- Citi also cuts Noble Corp. (NE +0.5%), to Neutral from Buy.
- Others to watch: RDC, ESV, SDRL, HERO, VTG.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Mar 19, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jan 21, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 8, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 6, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 5, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs