- FBR's Scott Thompson has started coverage on Infinera (INFN +1.6%) with an Outperform and $12.50 PT. He expects the optical networking space to "experience stronger performance in 2014 versus 2013" thanks to several catalysts he expects will "one of the strongest optical cycles the industry has seen in more than two decades."
- Thompson also reiterates an argument he made in a Dec. 4 note on Ciena (CIEN +2.3%): That telecom networks are migrating towards architectures that offer greater optical layer intelligence/flexibility, and in doing so require less money to be spent on switches/routers.
- Thompson thinks this architecture shift is partly responsible for the recent weakness seen in Cisco's (CSCO +0.6%) service provider sales.
- As for Infinera, a major player in the 100G optical transmission space, Thompson declares the company to have the strongest exposure to the optical segments where "the shift will be the most pronounced."
- In addition to Infinera and Ciena, a couple other optical networking hardware vendors are doing well on a good day for tech, as are some component suppliers. CYNI +4.3%. AFOP +5.9%. OPLK +2.8%. OCLR +2.4%. ADTN +1.9%.
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Investor's Business Daily (Jan 23, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Dec 18, 2014)
at Benzinga.com (Dec 17, 2014)
at Fox Business (Aug 5, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 12, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs