- Target (TGT +0.5%) says that it doesn't believe PIN numbers of Target cardholders have been compromised in the massive security breach the retailer disclosed earlier this week.
- The company also says customer date of birth and social security numbers weren't part of the data leak.
- Not all Target cardholders at risk have been notified just yet, the process should be completed by the end of the weekend.
- Only a "few" cases of actual fraud have been reported so far, says Target.
- Previous: Did Target fiddle while its security breach burned?
Target kicks into damage control mode
Dec 20 2013, 14:40 ET