- Though CalAmp (CAMP) beat FQ3 estimates, the company is guiding for FQ4 revenue of $60M-$63M and EPS of $0.19-$0.23, below a consensus of $63.1M and $0.24.
- While CalAmp's wireless datacom revenue is expected to "increase solidly on a sequential basis" thanks to strength in core verticals, growing insurance industry telematics sales, and revenue from newly-acquired RSI, "normal quarterly fluctuations" from the company's DBS satellite client will lead satellite revenue to be "substantially lower on a sequential basis."
- Wireless datacom revenue (78% of total revenue) rose 37% Y/Y to $49.7M in FQ3; satellite revenue rose 73% to $13.8M.
- Gross margin was 33.1%, -50 bps Q/Q and +150 bps Y/Y. Opex jumped 55% Y/Y, thanks in large part to major increases in sales and R&D spend.
- CC at 4:30PM ET. FQ3 results, PR.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Dec 23, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 6, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Sep 18, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 26, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jul 1, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs