- Amid a last-minute crush to buy health-insurance coverage, the White House has extended by 24 hours to today the deadline for signing up for plans.
- Over 1M people had logged onto the much maligned HealthCare.gov Web site by 5 pm yesterday, causing sluggishness and long waiting times.
- The postponement is the latest example of how the government has arbitrarily moved deadlines and changed the parameters of Obamacare, causing huge uncertainty for insurers and consumers.
- More on Obamacare.
- Relevant company tickers: AET, HNT, HUM, UNH, WLP, MOH.
- ETFS: XLV, XHE, VHT, FXH, IHF, IHI, IYH, PTH, RYH, PSCH, RXL, RXD, XHS.