- Shares of ImmunoCellular (IMUC) are trading sharply higher in premarket action.
- Investors appear to be reacting to a press release out after the bell Monday in which the company said the first patient in a Phase 1 study of ICT-121 (another dendritic cell cancer vaccine) has received the treatment.
- Notably, the company provides a bit of commentary on ICT-107 which, investors will recall, was behind a dramatic decline in IMUC's shares earlier this month when the OS K-M curves failed to hit statistical significance in a Phase 2 study.
- IMUC says it "urges patients and other stakeholders to look beyond the unsubstantiated commentary on the recent trial results to what [the company] and clinical experts believe are important findings from this clinical program to date."
- Further, IMUC says "nationally renowned neuro-oncologists ... share [the company's] view that as the survival data mature in 2014, there is the potential to see clarification of the survival benefit of the ICT-107 treated group." (PR)
- IMUC +20% premarket