- IHS Automotive forecasts light-vehicle sales in North America will top 16M in 2014.
- Though the sales prediction from the research firm looks strong, the outlook on pricing in the auto industry could be even more important.
- IHS thinks manufacturers will take their foot off the promotional pedal as sales gains become more closely associated with a strengthening U.S. economy - instead of incentives and deals.
- The level of promotional activity in the industry has been a growing concern, highlighted recently by a frank assessment from Ford execs,
- Related stocks: F, GM, HMC, TM, VLKAY, NSANY, FIATY.
Forecast: U.S. auto sales to be strong on stable pricing
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Apr 10, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 25, 2015)
Ford Motor : Frank Aukofer and Henry Ford Recognized at the Washington Automotive Press Association Annual Galaat 4-traders.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at 4-traders.com (Mar 25, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs