- IHS Automotive forecasts light-vehicle sales in North America will top 16M in 2014.
- Though the sales prediction from the research firm looks strong, the outlook on pricing in the auto industry could be even more important.
- IHS thinks manufacturers will take their foot off the promotional pedal as sales gains become more closely associated with a strengthening U.S. economy - instead of incentives and deals.
- The level of promotional activity in the industry has been a growing concern, highlighted recently by a frank assessment from Ford execs,
- Related stocks: F, GM, HMC, TM, VLKAY, NSANY, FIATY.
Forecast: U.S. auto sales to be strong on stable pricing
Dec 26 2013, 08:13 ET