- Unemployment claims of Class A registered job seekers in France rose 0.5% on month in November to 3.29M after surprisingly falling by 0.6% in October.
- On year, the figure climbed 5.6% in November.
- However, the French government said that when taking a longer-term view, unemployment growth has started to reverse in Q4.
- In addition, the total number of job seekers, including part-time workers, declined 0.1% to 4.88M. Still, the number was +5.9% on year.
- The CAC 40 (EWQ) is +0.8%.
French unemployment rises
Dec 27 2013, 04:02 ET