- Stocks in Asia and Europe mostly rise as investors in the latter region return to work following the Christmas break, although U.S. stock futures are slightly lower after decent gains yesterday.
- Chinese shares lead the way with an increase of 1.4%, helped by money markets continuing to ease following a mini squeeze. The seven day repo is -24 bps at 5.09%.
- However, Turkish equities again suffer badly from the corruption scandal engulfing the government, with the ISE 100 -4.1%.
- Japan flat, Hong Kong +0.3% India +0.6%.
- EU Stoxx 50 +1%, London +0.6%, Paris +1%, Frankfurt +0.8%, Milan +0.6%, Madrid +0.5%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow flat. S&P -0.1%. Nasdaq -0.05%
Asian, EU stocks rise, U.S. futures down, Turkey hammered
Dec 27 2013, 05:27 ET