- Stock futures point to little change at the start of the year's next-to-last trading session, as the Nasdaq (-0.2%) is the only leading index showing any movement.
- Like last week, trading volume is expected to be light as many market participants already have packed it in for the year - no surprise since the S&P 500 has racked up YTD gains of 29.1%.
- Foreign action is quiet too, with Asian markets mixed and European indeces holding slight losses.
- Treasurys hold modest gains, with the 10-year yield off 2 bps at 2.981% after edging past 3% on Friday.
- Still ahead: pending home sales.
Wall Street set for flat open, home sales in focus
Dec 30 2013, 09:20 ET