- The out-of-favor Dogs of the Dow strategy regained some bite this year, up 30% (excluding dividends) to outpace the Dow 30 by 400 basis points.
- The strategy worked well for years until its popularity in the 90s assured it of working well no more - cumulatively from 2001-2010, the Dogs trailed the broader Dow.
- Dow ETFs: DIA, DOG, DXD, UDOW, SDOW, DDM
- The Dow Jones High Yield Select 10 ETN (DOD) attempts to follow the Dogs strategy adjusting the portfolio at year's end to reflect the new dogs.
- Not Dow related, but Dog Theory related are the ALPS Sector Dividend Dogs - SDOG, IDOG.
Dogs of the Dow outperformed in 2013
Dec 30 2013, 12:49 ET