- The out-of-favor Dogs of the Dow strategy regained some bite this year, up 30% (excluding dividends) to outpace the Dow 30 by 400 basis points.
- The strategy worked well for years until its popularity in the 90s assured it of working well no more - cumulatively from 2001-2010, the Dogs trailed the broader Dow.
- Dow ETFs: DIA, DOG, DXD, UDOW, SDOW, DDM
- The Dow Jones High Yield Select 10 ETN (DOD) attempts to follow the Dogs strategy adjusting the portfolio at year's end to reflect the new dogs.
- Not Dow related, but Dog Theory related are the ALPS Sector Dividend Dogs - SDOG, IDOG.
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Dec 10, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Dec 9, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Dec 8, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Aug 8, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 3, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs