- Despite the tough holiday season for retailers with store traffic low, Wedbush says its channel checks reveal that a few companies came out of the period looking fairly strong.
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY +0.9%): Investments in the company's website and omni-channel initiatives appear to have paid off.
- Big Lots (LOTS): Aggressive clearance activity sets up the company for a strong Q1 with a new merchandising strategy teed up.
- Dollar Tree (DLTR -0.1%): The retailer may have benefited from its value proposition in holiday and toy categories as consumer traded down.
- Kirkland (KIRK -1.6%): Webush says a scan of Kirkland's stores impresses with management showing an on-trend merchandise mix.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR -0.1%): Traffic appeared very strong at stores both before and after Christmas.
Retailers that weathered the holiday season storm
Dec 30 2013, 12:50 ET