- Stock futures edge higher, with the S&P and Dow +0.2%, as gains in European bourses provide hope that U.S. equity markets can recover some of yesterday's broad losses.
- A major snowstorm in the Northeast could hold down Wall Street volume if traders find it difficult to show up for work; the Friday after Wednesday's New Year holiday likely would be slow anyway.
- FireEye +22% after acquiring another cybersecurity firm, Mandiant Corp., in a deal valued at $1B; auto makers will report December vehicle sales throughout the day.
- Treasurys hold modest losses, with the 10-year yield up 1 basis point at 3%.
- There's a heavy lineup of Fed speakers today, including Bernanke; no major economic data is scheduled for release.
U.S. stocks look to rebound as Europe stabilizes
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs