- Early reports from health providers and online medical booking service ZocDoc indicate that demand for care from those who bought insurance under Obamacare has been modest so far.
- There have been fears that the technical problems of the government's HealthCare.gov Web site would cause a flood of patients who thought they had bought insurance to request care only to find that they weren't yet covered.
- The actual pace of demand should give insurers more time to process the applications that they need to enter into their systems and issue membership cards.
- More on Obamacare.
- Health insurers: AET, HNT, HUM, UNH, WLP, MOH.
- Hospital operators: HCA, CYH, THC, UHS, HMA, LPNT.
- Pharmacies: WAG, CVS, BIOS, RAD, MHS, PMC, OCR.
- ETFS: XLV, XHE, VHT, FXH, IHF, IHI, IYH, PTH, RYH, PSCH, RXL, RXD, XHS.
Obamacare demand manageable so far
Jan 5 2014, 03:48 ET