- Palo Alto Networks (PANW +4.5%) has bought Morta Security, a cybersecurity startup in stealth mode, for an undisclosed sum. (PR)
- Palo Alto asserts Morta's team "brings additional valuable threat intelligence experience and capabilities," and suggests it will help develop (together with Palo Alto's next-gen firewalls and security services) a comprehensive platform for the burgeoning cybersecurity market.
- Palo Alto suggests such a platform would mesh security controls, traffic/port/protocol inspection, threat detection and analysis, and automatic policy changes to deal with new and unknown threats, and would thus be superior to traditional point solutions that "address only specific types of attacks, or phases of the attack."
- The purchase comes less than a week after FireEye (FEYE) announced the acquisition of leading endpoint security and incident response software/services firm Mandiant for $1B+, with the goal of creating an unmatched cybersecurity platform.
- While Palo Alto (naturally) asserts firewalls should act as "the core enforcement vehicle within the network" for cybersecurity, FireEye offers dedicated threat-prevention hardware that interacts with firewalls.
- PANW +3.8% AH. FEYE -0.4%.
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Tue, 10:10AM)
at CNBC.com (Mon, 5:56AM)
at Investor's Business Daily (Sat, 8:02AM)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs