- Samsung (SSNLF) suffered its first fall in profits in nine quarters in Q4, with the company's operating income dropping to a provisional 8.1-8.5T won ($7.6-8B) from 8.84T won a year earlier and missing consensus of 10T won.
- Revenue increased 5.3% to 58-60T won from 56.1T won but undershot forecasts of 61.5T and represented the slowest growth since 2011.
- The decline in profits comes amid stiff competition at the high and low ends of the smartphone market, and after greater-than-expected bonus payments to workers.
- Samsung's full results are due out on January 24.
- Shares dropped 0.2% in Seoul. (PR)
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Tue, 2:18AM)
at CNBC.com (Jan 19, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 16, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 14, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 13, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs