- Asian shares are mixed but European equities and U.S. stock futures are higher.
- The Nikkei drops 0.6% after a bruising 2.35% fall yesterday, while the Shanghai Composite closes +0.1% following a 1.8% decline in the previous session. The Hang Seng is +0.1% and India's Sensex is -0.45%.
- In Europe, factors in play include a drop in German unemployment, low eurozone inflation and massive demand for Irish bonds.
- EU Stoxx 50 +0.7%, London +0.3%, Paris +0.4%, Frankfurt +0.3%, Milan +0.7% and Madrid +1.4%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.3%. S&P +0.35%. Nasdaq +0.4%
Asian stocks mixed, Europe rises
Jan 7 2014, 05:28 ET