Bad timing for Velveeta shortage

Kraft Foods Group (KRFT +1.3%) acknowledges that supply chain issues have led to a temporary shortage of Velveeta products.

There are reports from some grocery stores on the East Coast that they have completely run out of Velveeta items due to high demand and short stock.

The timing for the mishap isn't ideal for Kraft with the NFL playoffs in full swing and the Super Bowl less than four weeks away.

From other sites
Comments (9)
  • Minutemen
    , contributor
    Comments (2282) | Send Message

Darn this cold snap. Now its even affecting the Velveeta crops!!
    7 Jan 2014, 03:23 PM Reply Like
  • Randal James
    , contributor
    Comments (4420) | Send Message

Minuteman

It is that plus the OVEC (Organization of Velveeta Exporting Countries) has capped their wells to drive the TCC (Tortilla Chip Cartel) to their knees!
    7 Jan 2014, 03:29 PM Reply Like
  • Minutemen
    , contributor
    Comments (2282) | Send Message

Can't wait until the U.S. Velveeta fracking wells start ramping up production!
    7 Jan 2014, 03:35 PM Reply Like
  • 50 cent it is
    , contributor
    Comments (1453) | Send Message

Cheese is pure fat
    Not healthy for your arteries
    Better off having a beer
    7 Jan 2014, 03:39 PM Reply Like
  • mulligan2
    , contributor
    Comments (127) | Send Message

We don't need more reasons for the price to go down!
    7 Jan 2014, 09:25 PM Reply Like
  • Buyandhold 2012
    , contributor
    Comments (4968) | Send Message

This is the last straw. I am up here in Connecticut trying to deal with the polar vortex and now I am suddenly blindsided by a Velveeta shortage. If I had known about this shortage in advance, I would have stocked up on Velveeta the way that I have stocked up on incandescent light bulbs, cans of lead paint and DDT. I'm only 58, but I really miss the days of lead paint, incandescent light bulbs, rotary telephones and DDT. Come to think of it, my plumber just installed one of those new fangled faucets in my kitchen, the kind where you could die of dehydration before enough water flows out of the faucet to fill half a cup. I'll have to add taking the flow restricter out of the faucet to my to do list.
    8 Jan 2014, 10:38 AM Reply Like
  • Minutemen
    , contributor
    Comments (2282) | Send Message

I hear ya! I miss the old days of slapping on a coat of fresh lead paint while working in a nice mosquito-free zone of heavily-sprayed DDT.
    8 Jan 2014, 11:00 AM Reply Like
  • Chip Seeker
    , contributor
    Comments (46) | Send Message

Take it from an old guy: my own faucet restrictor kicked-in at 60, so I know the feeling. Never skip your yearly physical.
    8 Jan 2014, 07:24 PM Reply Like
  • Randal James
    , contributor
    Comments (4420) | Send Message

JUAREZ, MEXICO (AP) A lightly-guarded convoy of Velveeta tankers was ambushed this morning on a weekly run to the capital by perhaps as many as 8 unemployed sous-chefs brandishing mandolines and box graters. The fear of local policia is that the quantities are sufficient to make a "dirty queso." Last week, in what may be a related crime, a large roadside chile roaster was robbed at spatula-point of nearly 2400 pounds of freshly roasted anchos and jalapenos.

The brazen highjacking occurred despite warning from the US security agency, NSA, which intercepted a query to Guinness Records regarding party foods.
    8 Jan 2014, 11:26 AM Reply Like