- Nomura's Ian Somaiya (formerly at Piper) is out with a number of healthcare initiations.
- Gilead (GILD +1.7%) is the firm's top biotech pick for 2014 as the company is "set to dominate the HCV market." GILD started at Buy. Price target is $118.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX -3.2%) started at Buy. Somaiya sees peak sales of $700M for NBI-98854. Price target is $23.
- Celgene (CELG +1.2%) started at Buy. "Revlimid for multiple myeloma, is less than a third of the way to realizing its peak sales potential," Somaiya says. Price target is $236.
- Biogen (BIIB +4.1%) initiated at Buy. Tecfidera, is "a blockbuster ... treatment for MS, with estimated peak sales of $9B," Somaiya notes. Price target is $368.
- Alexion (ALXN +1.5%) initiated at Buy. Price target $150.
- Pharmacyclics (PCYC +1.9%) will "transform the treatment paradigm and disease course of CLL and mantle cell lymphoma MCL." Shares started at Buy. Price target is $137.
- Other initiations: Incyte (INCY +5.9%) started at Buy. Synageva BioPharma (GEVA +3.7%) started at Buy. BioMarin (BMRN +1.2%), Amgen (AMGN), and Infinity Pharmaceuticals (INFI +2.8%) started at Neutral.
Nomura starts coverage on multiple biotechs
Jan 8 2014, 10:46 ET