- Alibaba (ABABA), whose ambitions have been steadily expanding beyond e-commerce, plans to launch a mobile gaming platform for 3rd-party titles.
- The service will be aimed squarely at Chinese online/mobile gaming leader Tencent (TCEHY), and will give developers a hefty 70% cut. Alibaba also plans to integrate the service with its Laiwang messaging app (competes with Tencent's dominant WeChat) and the mobile app for its Taobao e-commerce platform.
- In addition to Tencent, Alibaba will be taking on a slew of other mobile game distributors, including NQ Mobile's (NQ +1.7%) FL Mobile unit.
- Chinese game developer Perfect World (PWRD +10.1%) has skyrocketed in morning trading. Peers Changyou (CYOU +4.1%) and NetEase (NTES +3.5%) are also up sharply.
- Also: Alibaba's Alipay online payments unit has struck a deal with Sina (SINA +1.5%) to allow Weibo users to make online and offline payments via Alipay. Sina investors have been expecting the company's partnership with Alibaba (bought an 18% stake last year) to yield service launches that would improve Weibo monetization.
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Mon, 11:09AM)
at Benzinga.com (Wed, 3:44PM)
at Benzinga.com (Wed, 12:53PM)
at Investor's Business Daily (Tue, 4:17PM)
at Benzinga.com (Tue, 1:16PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs