- Market Vectors' ChinaAMC A-Share ETF (PEK -2.7%) - after three years in existence - finally began buying A-shares today after bringing on China Asset Management Limited as a partner. Previously, the ETF used derivatives to get exposure to A-shares - causing the fund to trade at premiums and discounts to NAV the way a closed-end fund would.
- A spokesman says the quota obtained by the fund's partner is for about $164M of stock. The ETF currently has about $29M in AUM.
- The PEK becomes the 2nd ETF to directly hold A-shares following the November launch of Deutsche's China A-shares Fund (ASHR -0.2%). The door continues to creak open.
- The closed-end fund CAF also owns A-shares.
- China ETFs: FXI, PGJ, GXC, FXP, HAO, CYB, YINN, CNY, TAO, CHIQ, CHIX, ASHR, YANG, MCHI, PEK, CQQQ, XPP, QQQC, DSUM, YAO, KWEB, CHXX, CHII, FXCH, CHXF, ECNS, YXI, CHIE, CHIM, KFYP, FCA, TCHI, CHLC, CHNA
From other sites
at Investor's Business Daily (Feb 2, 2015)
at Investor's Business Daily (Jan 8, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 15, 2014)
at Investor's Business Daily (Dec 11, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 11, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs