- As expected, Teva (TEVA) has appointed board director Erez Vigodman as CEO to replace Jeremy Levin, who resigned in October.
- Vigodman has been CEO of MA Industries, the world's largest generic agrochemical company, since 2010. He led the firm's return to profitability by improving its day-to-day operations and investing in organic growth.
- Prior to that, Vigodman headed food company Strauss Group, whose sales doubled under his tenure.
- The challenges he faces at Teva include Copaxone's upcoming patent expiration and the implementation of a $2B cost-reduction program.
- Shares are -0.55% in Tel Aviv. (PR)
Teva names Erez Vigodman as CEO
Jan 9 2014, 03:20 ET