- Steven Chubak and team at Nomura have been a bunch of busy beavers. In addition to launching coverage of BofA and Citi with Buys, they initiate Morgan Stanley (MS) and JPMorgan (JPM) at Neutral with $34 and $61 price targets, respectively.
- "We are constructive on the long-term earnings outlook, as MS should exceed margin guidance in Wealth Management, and appears on track to achieve $1.6B of targeted savings ... However, MS is the most negatively impacted by the recently-proposed leverage rules, and its weaker position suggests capital return will likely be constrained."
- "We like JPM's earnings profile/mix, but the current capital shortfall should dampen near-term return prospects ... Pressures in FICC and Mortgage Banking should also limit revenue growth, with few opportunities on the cost side given already best-in-class efficiency ratios."
- Earlier: Coverage of Citi and BofA Buy ratings.
- See also: Goldman started at Neutral.
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Tue, 6:50AM)
at CNBC.com (Mon, 12:52AM)
at CNBC.com (Thu, 9:23AM)
at CNBC.com (Wed, 8:32AM)
at CNBC.com (May 13, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs