- Acuity Brands (AYI +16.7%) shares surge after the company beats expectations in FQ1.
- Revenue of $574.7M (+20% Y/Y), beats by $33.8M.
- EPS of $0.96, beats by $0.12.
- CEO Vernon Nagel: "[O]ur expectation for the future is that overall demand in our end markets will continue to improve and be more consistent and broad-based. The favorable trend in our December order rates seems to reflect this improvement."
- PR, Conference call (webcast)
Acuity leaps on FQ1 beat, favorable outlook
Jan 9 2014, 10:50 ET