- It's a hockey stick on the price chart for Treasury futures after just 74K are added to payrolls in December, well short of estimates for nearly 200K.
- The 10-year Treasury yield drops all the way to 2.91% from 2.96% before the number. TLT +0.7%, TBT -1.6%.
- The big drop in the unemployment rate (to 6.7% from 7%) comes as the labor force participation rate slides to 62.8% from 63%. The broader U-6 unemployment rate held steady at 13.1%.
- Against just 74K jobs added in December, November's 203K job gain is revised higher to 241K. The average payroll gain for Q4 is 172K vs. 2013's average gain of 182K.
- Stock index futures give up decent pre-report gains and are now flat.
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, IVE, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, QID, TQQQ, RSP, DOG, SQQQ, QLD, DXD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, IVW, DDM, SPYG, RPG, SPYV, RPV, BXUB, VOOG, QQEW, QQQE, VOOV, TRND, BXUC, SFLA, QQXT, FTA, BXDB, TNDQ
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, BIL, SHV, UBT, TBX, VGIT, TLO, VGSH, GSY, DTYL, SCHO, LBND, SCHR, ITE, TYD, DTUL, TYBS, TENZ, DTUS, SST, TUZ, FIVZ, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
Treasurys zip higher after disappointing payroll number
From other sites
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs