- Microsoft (MSFT +1.2%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Jefferies. The upgrade follows a moderate drop caused by disappointment Alan Mulally is no longer a CEO candidate.
- BlackBerry (BBRY +1.1%) has been upgraded to Sector Perform by RBC. Shares have already seen a big run-up since the company's FQ3 report.
- Baidu (BIDU +1.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by Maxim.
- Micron (MU +0.2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Jefferson Research, and started at Buy by Argus and Sterne Agee. The moves come two days after shares blasted off in response to a very strong FQ1 report (I, II).
- Splunk (SPLK -2.1%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Barclays. The downgrade shortly follows a UBS upgrade to Buy. SA Pro contributor ZNCapital recently took aim at Splunk's valuation.
- Ambarella (AMBA -1.8%) has been cut to Hold by Deutsche. Needham cut the chipmaker to Hold two days ago.
- Marvell (MRVL +1.9%) has been started at Buy by MKM.
- Qlik (QLIK +2.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Jefferies.
Tech ratings change roundup: Microsoft, BlackBerry, Baidu, Micron
Jan 10 2014, 09:44 ET