- Iran is reportedly in talks with Russia for the latter country to receive 500,000 bpd of oil from Iran in return for equipment and other goods.
- The deal, worth a possible $1.5B, would increase Iran's crude exports by 50%.
- Given that Russia produces its own oil, the Iranian crude may well be sold onto other buyers.
- It's not clear whether the transaction would go into effect before or after the finalization of an agreement between Iran and six world powers - including Russia - that would ease the sanctions on the Persian nation in return for the scaling back of its nuclear program.
- ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, DBO, DTO, BNO, CRUD, USL, DNO, SZO, UWTI, OILZ, DWTI, OLO, OLEM, TWTI
Iran, Russia in talks over oil-for-equipment barter deal
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 26, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 12, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 27, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 26, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 23, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs