- Asian shares trade mixed and European equities are higher, but U.S. stock futures are lower.
- The disappointing U.S. jobs report on Friday is one factor affecting sentiment, as it may mean that the Fed will taper more slowly. A fall in Treasury yields at the end of last week is weighing on the dollar against some currencies, with the greenback -0.7% vs the yen. Japanese markets are closed but Nikkei futures are -1.3% .
- Banks are enjoying a good day after regulators said they would ease Basel requirements related to leverage ratios.
- Hong Kong +0.2%, China -0.2%, India +1.8%.
- EU Stoxx 50 +0.3%, London +0.1%, Paris +0.2%, Frankfurt +0.3%, Milan +0.6%, Madrid +0.6%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow -0.2%. S&P -0.2%. Nasdaq -0.25%