- Stock futures slip as investors continue to digest Friday's weaker than expected jobs report, with the Dow -0.2%, and S&P and Nasdaq -0.3%.
- European shares edge higher, while Asian markets closed mixed.
- Attention will now turn to Q4 earnings season, which picks up steam this week with the likes of JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Intel and GE due to report, but no major reports are expected today.
- Today also will be a quiet day for economic reports, with only the December Federal budget out at 2 p.m.
- The retail sector could show early weakness after Express and Lululemon lowered guidance, but Beam +25% after agreeing to be acquired by Suntory for $83.50/share.
- Treasurys are little changed; the 10-year yield is flat at ~2.86%.
Stock futures fall as attention turns to Q4 earnings
Jan 13 2014, 09:25 ET