- The loonie (FXC -0.7%) slips to new multi-year lows with dovish comments from junior finance minister Kevin Sorenson as good of an excuse as any to sell a few more.
- "The manufacturing sector (is) quite pleased that we have a [Canadian] dollar that the value is down from what it was a number of months ago ... there is remarkable opportunity. We’re an exporting country and as you know by far the majority of everything we manufacture here and everything we grow here we export and so there’s opportunity.”
- The loonie was briefly boosted yesterday after the Bank of Canada's business outlook saw positive signs for the economy, but those gains and more have been erased in today's session.
- Last Friday: Ugly December jobs report for Canada
- Related ETFs: EWC, FXC, CAD, CNDA, FCAN, EWCS