- Aviat (AVNW -14.8%) warns it expects FQ2 (Dec. quarter) revenue of $83M-$87M, well below prior guidance of $100M-$107M and a $104M consensus. $5M of the shortfall is attributed to revenue deferrals stemming from the shift to a managed services agreement (from a typical equipment supply agreement) with a key customer. (PR)
- The mobile backhaul equipment vendor also says it's forming a cost-cutting plan that will yield $12M-$14M/year in cost savings by the start of FY15 (begins in mid-2014), and will lower its quarterly opex to $28M by the end of FQ4 2014.
- Aviat ended FQ2 with $63M in cash, down from $79.3M at the end of FQ1.
- While Aviat tumbles, rival DragonWave (DRWI +2%) is up after posting mixed FQ3 results. CC remarks (transcript) about margin improvement and diminished cash burn in FQ4 could be helping the company out.
- Ceragon (CRNT +5.1%), meanwhile, is adding to the gains it saw yesterday after announcing backhaul equipment deals with major North American and Indian carriers.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Aug 25, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 4, 2011)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs