- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) starts rolling out an app that will give viewers access to shows from its FX Networks.
- Viewers will have access to 45 to 60 movies a month on top of original programming on their mobile devices through the FXNow app.
- Customers of AT&T's U-verse, Comcast, Cablevision, and Suddenlink are among those that can access the service, while negotiations are still under way to add more Pay-TV operators.
- The advantage for the broadcaster is that the service is supported by advertisements, giving the company a crack at capturing revenue from consumers that prefer delayed viewing of shows.
- What to watch: The list of participating Pay-TV operators is impressive enough that a tipping pointing could be reached where any holdouts (DISH, DTV, TWC) face a competitive disadvantage by not allowing customers access to FXNow.
at Investor's Business Daily (Thu, 4:40PM)