- ExOne (XONE) now expects 2013 revenue of $40M-$42M, below prior guidance of $48M and a $48M consensus. The revised guidance implies Q4 revenue of $11.2M-$13.2M, well below a $19.6M consensus. (PR)
- The 3D printer maker mostly blames "machine sales not yet completed for customers in Russia, India, Mexico and France, some of which involve approval processes that were deferred into 2014." Four high-end S-Max 3D printer sales are said to be unfinished, along with one S-Print printer sale.
- The company adds its sold its inventory of six M-Flex machines in 2013 (sales started in Q3), and that it will explore acquisition and partnership opportunities in 2014. M-Flex sales are expected to triple this year.
- The warning comes on a day when Stratasys provided strong 2014 revenue guidance to go with soft EPS guidance.
- XONE remains halted, and will resume trading at 4:35. Peers are selling off: DDD -3.6%. SSYS -2.6%. VJET -7.4%.
at CNBC.com (Nov 5, 2014)