- Stock futures indicate a higher open after a surprisingly strong showing of manufacturing activity in the New York region, as the Empire State index jumped to its highest reading since May 2012.
- Both the S&P 500 and Dow are +0.2% and will look to test all-time highs, while the Nasdaq is +0.4% and readies for its best print since Sept. 2000.
- European markets are broadly higher after the World Bank hiked its 2014 GDP growth forecast to 3.2% from 3% and raised its outlook for eurozone growth; Asian markets were strong, with the Nikkei's 2.5% jump recovering most of Tuesday's losses.
- BofA +2.7% premarket after beating Q4 earnings and revenue expectations amid improving credit quality.
- Apple +1.4% after Tim Cook said its China Mobile deal has helped spark iPhone sales to a record high in China during Q1.
- Still ahead: Fed Beige Book, EIA petroleum inventories.
Stock futures rise after strong data boosts sentiment
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs